1. Go to the Office of Information Technology (OIT) website at indstate.edu/oit to: OIT Services and Resources
2. Click the Service Catalog and select Security
3. Click Security Report an Incident
Examples of known or suspected security incidents that must be reported:
• Attempts (failed or successful) to gain unauthorized access to a system or its data
• Giving your username and password to someone else
• Loss of printed information that is not public
• Loss of a physical storage device containing data that is not public (e.g. a flash drive, an external hard drive, a laptop with such data on its hard drive)
• A virus or malware infection of an institutional computer
Note: Receiving a fraudulent email is not an incident unless it has lead to an event listed above.
Read Security Awareness: General Best Practices for Security for more information about how to stay safe online.