1. Go to the Office of Information Technology (OIT) website at indstate.edu/oit to: OIT Services and Resources
2. Click the Service Catalog and select Security
3. Click Security Report an Incident
Click here to go to the OIT website.
Examples of known or suspected security incidents that must be reported:
- Attempts (failed or successful) to gain unauthorized access to a system or its data
- Giving your username and password to someone else
- Loss of printed information that is not public
- Loss of a physical storage device containing data that is not public (e.g. a flash drive, an external hard drive, a laptop with such data on its hard drive)
- A virus or malware infection of an institutional computer
Note: Receiving a fraudulent email is not an incident unless it has lead to an event listed above.