Over the summer, the Career Services team and Business Engagement team have blended services. Moving forward this fall, Career Services will be adding entrepreneurship coaching and student small business support to its portfolio.
Carrie Lutz moved officially into the Executive Director role and other team members have been realigned to best serve faculty, students, and employers. Darby Scism and Dustin Bryant continue to be coaching leads. Teresa Dwyer is our employer relations champion. Colleen Magnuson and Samantha Miles continue to support student employment and office management, respectively. We’ve welcomed two new team members. Amie Harvey, Assistant Director of Student Employment and Internships, will be overseeing student employment and supporting the internship process including the internship component of the Experience Grant. John Lotz, Business Engagement Assistant Director, will be serving as the career coach for the Scott College of Business, entrepreneurship coach for students exploring their own businesses, and overseeing the Sycamore Innovation Lab team who completes project-based work for local area businesses.
The application for faculty field trips and immersion grants has been updated to a Microsoft Form. We encourage you to consider taking your students on a visit to employers and would be happy to help in connecting you to employers if you’re interested, but don’t have one in mind.
We’ve re-launched our student grant for elective professional certifications. We will reimburse students up to $100 for additional training outside of licensure exams.
Both grant programs will continue throughout the academic year while funds last!
We encourage all of you to share our career prep services with students and place them in your syllabus assignments! Here are just a few of the offerings to share:
1. Iris photobooth sponsored by Union Health – M-F, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Professional photos arrive in your inbox instantly!
2. Clothing Closet – Students can shop once a month for professional attire. We are always taking donations if you’re doing a closet sweep!
3. Walk-in resume reviews – M-F, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. & 1:00-3:00 p.m.
4. Fall Fairs – Our career fairs will be:
– All Majors Career and Internship Fair – Wednesday, September 20
– Health and Social Services Career Fair – Wednesday, September 27
– Built Environment Career Fair – Wednesday, October 4.
Keep an eye out for all of our other fall events through the University calendar, career coaches, and student employment team!
5. Classroom presentations – We would be happy to come to your class and share career readiness topics. Please let us know when we can visit.
For those of you seeking student employees, we encourage you to register for the Student Employment Fair, Friday, August 25 from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
We hope to see you all at the Career Center for our welcome back celebration on Wednesday, August 30 from 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
If you have any questions or have an interest in partnerships with the Career Center, please contact Carrie.Lutz@indstate.edu.