Pre-registration required: https://indstate-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsceugqz8rG90g9KmluvjOHbrfcERht44f
Doing Social Justice work is a simple concept, but it isn’t easy. While moving forward, we must also trace from where we have come from and what we have learned. This activity is primarily a silent self-reflection journey through one’s past to better inform our futures.
* Identify messages you learned about one key identity that made you who you are;
* Identify messages you learned about at least two groups to which you are not a member;
* Identify an event where you actively or passively supported oppression;
* Connect the functions of internalized and externalized oppression with one’s own identities and experiences; and
* Participate in an authentic conversation regarding emotions, anxieties, and realities of doing social justice work.