August 1, 2021 VEHICLE RENTAL UPDATE: There is an ongoing shortage of rental cars across the United States. University travelers are encouraged to book rental car needs as far in advance as possible for better availability.
University faculty and staff needing short-term vehicle rentals utilize Enterprise Rent-a-Car, an approved vendor with the State of Indiana. Enterprise anticipates the road to recovery will take years, and have had over 350,000 new cars on order since November 2020.
University employees who need a motor vehicle to perform official University business may reserve an Enterprise here. For information regarding travel policy guidelines regarding transportation, please reference the Transportation/Lodging Policy.
Business Travel Tips from Enterprise
• Book your vehicle as early as possible.
• Difficulty finding a rental for your entire trip? Try alternate locations to accommodate your travel plans.
• Cancelling your trip? Remember to cancel your rental car reservation too.
• When picking up your rental, you may be requested to show your University identification to protect Enterprise from the rising cases of fraud and theft.
Branch Contact Information
1440 Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47802
The Emerald Club is designed to make your car rental experience faster and more convenient. You can enjoy special privileges reserved for frequent renters every time you rent.
Benefits of the Emerald Club
• Bypass the counter – As an Emerald Club member, bypass the rental counter and go directly to the Emerald Club AisleTM at more than 50 major airports in the U.S. and Canada.
• Choose your own car – As an Emerald Club member, don’t waste time looking for your assigned car – just choose any car from the Emerald Club Aisle and be on your way.
• Speed up returns with an E-Receipt – As an Emerald Club member, there’s no need to wait around for a piece of paper when you return your car. We’ll email you a detailed receipt.
Please contact Holly.Garrett@indstate.edu for any additional information regarding this travel update.