Rock Camp! provides a fun and educational opportunity for high-school students at any experience level to benefit from music education. Music education leads to the development of creative and critical problem-solving skills, higher self-esteem and pride in accomplishment. Students learn different aspects of music including performance, music business and music history, providing them with the understanding that music can be a viable career choice. Rock Camp!, an intense seven-day, (six-night residency program), runs Sunday, July 25-Saturday, July 31. Students choose to play one of five traditional rock instruments: guitar, drums, bass, keyboards or voice. ISU music faculty and professional musicians lead the program, with ISU music students assisting.
Students must have completed grade 7 to be able to reside on-campus.
5th -7th grade students, may only register for the day camp.
8th grade students have the option to attend with day or residential camp.
Beginning, intermediate and advanced music level students welcome. Other instruments than those listed above are welcome, however, private lessons are only offered to students studying guitar, drums, bass, keyboards or voice.
ROCK CAMP ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• One-on-one private instruction for electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, vocals, drums
• Forming and working with a bands of peers
• Rehearsing and developing selected music for live performances
• Learning how to operate and maintain various types of sound equipment
• Choosing electives, including topics such as song writing, marketing and sound engineering
• Jam sessions each night of the camp
• Working with Indiana State University music faculty and professional musicians
• Living in suite style housing and choosing from many food options, including buffet-style meals
• Performing final showcase concerts for community and invited guests
Deadline to Register: July 16, 2021
Register online at https://statecsa.indstate.edu/events/rock-camp/ or (812) 237 – 2528