In partnership with the Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence, the Center for Community Engagement will provide a 1-year intensive seminar that focuses on the creation and development of service-learning courses.
1. Through seminars, materials, and experiences faculty will explore the concepts of service and experiential learning.
2. Faculty will develop and deploy an experiential learning or service-learning course.
3. Faculty will create and complete a course assessment plan relative to service and experiential learning.
• Attendance at all 6 sessions: February 10, March 3, 17, 31, April 14 and 28 – 10 am-12 pm.
• You must have department chair support.
• Teach the course for a minimum of three years.
• Submit data for the Curricular Engagement Inventory to your department when the course is offered.
• Submit the course assessment plan to the Center for Community Engagement.
• Become a resource and mentor to your colleagues with respect to service and experiential learning.
• $1000 stipend ($500 for completing the seminar & $500 after the assessment plan has been submitted).
Please feel free to share with your colleagues. Apply at https://indstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dpa1bDUIbhW2s1U
Deadline for application is January 28.