We are pleased to announce the open call for the 2023 Annual Juried Student Exhibition and honored to have Art Martin, Director of Collections & Exhibitions/Senior Curator at the Muskegon Museum of Art as the Juror. This exhibition is Free to enter and open to ALL ISU STUDENTS!
HOW and WHERE TO SUBMIT:
Submission Deadline: 2/17/23, 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Selection: 2/24/23
Selected Work Drop-off: 2/27 – 3/1/23, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Duration: 3/20 – 4/7/23
Reception: 3/30/23, 4-6 p.m.
Award Ceremony: 3/30/23, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Collection of Work: 4/10 – 4/12/23
• All degree-seeking students currently enrolled at ISU are welcome to submit artwork for the Juried Student Exhibition.
• All artworks entered must have been completed while enrolled at ISU and not previously exhibited in the Yang Family University Art Gallery.
Each student can submit up to 3 works.
• All mediums will be accepted such as painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, mixed media, video, and digital art.
• Artworks must not exceed 72in in any direction
Please list the retail value for the work. This value is only used for purchase awards and the work will not be listed for sale at the show.
ARTWORK MUST BE READY TO INSTALL- any works not ready for install may be rejected.
• Works on paper or delicate works must be framed behind plexiglass
• Works on canvas are stretched
• Hanging devices such as, wires, d-rings, and French cleats must be on the back of works
• Printed digital works need to be mounted on foam-core and does not need a hanging devices on the back
• Video works are formatted as 1920x1080px and are saved as an mp4 (‘ONLY’ one file, labeled with title of work, on each USB flashdrive- ‘PLEASE’ test files before submitting.)
ARTWORK MUST BE LABELED ON THE BACK
• Medium (2D and 3D work: Xmedium on Xmaterial)
• Dimension (2D and 3D work: HxWxDin, Video: Xminutes Xseconds)
• Signature (2D and 3D work: back, front, or bottom of the work) (Video: if appropriate in the title page or
• Value of work