It is time for all exempt, non-exempt professional and non-exempt staff employees to complete their annual performance evaluations. Please read through this document carefully and follow the instructions. The evaluation meeting with the employee and supervisor will need to be handled with social distancing in mind.
If you need additional training resources, please contact Margaret Mary Welch at ext. 4289.
In order to be eligible for future salary increases as available, the employee must complete their portion of the 2020-21 evaluation. This includes completing the self-evaluation and submitting it to the Chair/Supervisor and creating the plan/goals in the 2021-22 Annual Performance Evaluation.
Non-exempt (bi-weekly) employees
The evaluation period for non-exempt (bi-weekly) employees is April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021. Performance self-evaluations should be completed and submitted to your immediate supervisor no later than April 30, 2021 with the entire evaluation process (including the 2021-22 plan) completed by May 31, 2021.
Non-exempt professional (bi-weekly) and Exempt (monthly) employees
The evaluation period for non-exempt (bi-weekly) employees is May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. Performance self-evaluations should be completed and submitted to your immediate supervisor no later than May 31, 2021 with the entire evaluation process (including the 2021-22 plan) completed by June 30, 2021.
Instructions for completion of Performance Evaluation
Step 1: To access your 2020-21 evaluation.
• Human Resources would like to introduce you to our new “HR Systems” webpage located in the right hand navigation bar of our Human Resources website. The page contains links to several useful systems to serve you. You can access the Performance Management/Evaluation System from that webpage or by clicking here.
• Click on the 3 blue dots in the upper left hand corner and select the “Indiana State University Employee Portal”.
• Click on “My Reviews”.
• You should have already completed your 2020-21 plan/goals last year but if not, the instructions can be found here. This process must be complete before you can access and complete the self-evaluation.
Step 2: If you have completed your 2020-21 plan/goals and your supervisor has acknowledged your plan (progress of 25%), you are ready to complete the evaluation.
• Instructions for completing the self-evaluation, etc. can be found here.
• Please refer to the Performance Ratings Definitions that are included in the evaluation when determining how best to categorize your performance for each job factor. These can also be found here.
Step 3: When you have completed your self-evaluation, submit it to your Chair/Supervisor for their review/completion.
Step 4: During the evaluation meeting with the employee and supervisor, the 2021-22 plan/goals must be discussed.
Step 5: After the discussion, the employee will enter the goals into the 2021-22 Annual Performance Evaluation and mark the task complete.
• Please enter a minimum of three (3) job-relevant goals.
• Both the 2020-21 and the 2021-22 evaluations will be open at the same time so you can complete them both without delay.
Step 6: Go into the current evaluation (2020-21) after the meeting with your supervisor and mark the evaluation complete. The evaluation process will not be finished until this step is done.
If you have questions, please call Human Resources at 237-4114.