Students, alumni, and the campus community are invited to connect with over 125 organizations attending the All Majors Job & Internship Career Fair on September 15 from 1-4pm in the newly renovated Hulman Center.
While interacting and networking with representatives, attendees will be able to learn more about specific organizations and discuss available opportunities.
Though the career fair is an excellent experience for those seeking jobs and internships, attending this career fair is also beneficial for building networking skills. You can build your networking skills, make contacts within your desired industry(s), and learn what skills you can develop to be more marketable.
Career Fair Tours: “behind the scenes” tours will be provided to students looking to learn more about career fairs and how to navigate them from 1:30-3:30 pm.
Prepare early. Complete the following list to set yourself up for success:
- Regularly review attending organizations to plan out who you want to meet
- Update your résumé
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Center staff member on Handshake or stop by the Career Center for a 15-minute walk-in appointment Monday through Friday from 10 am-12 pm and 1-3 pm (unscheduled appointments)
- Upload your résumé to Handshake and mark it as visible
- Visit our Career Fair Prep Toolbox (https://www.indstate.edu/career-center/career-fair-prep-toolbox) for resources to help you prepare including information researching companies and developing your elevator pitch, among other topics
- Update your Handshake profile
- Register for the event on Handshake to receive updates
- Visit the Clothing Closet in the Career Center for gently-used professional attire Monday through Friday between 8 am-4 pm
Bring your résumé, dress for success, and get ready to network. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you on September 15, 2021 between 1-4 pm in the Hulman Center.